Links to Area Resources
We have started to link facebook groups and resources by area. This is a working page. Please let us know what we should add. Thank you!
You can also sign up for 911 text and email alerts through Nixle.com
Greater Midland Community Center Senior Wing – 2205 Jefferson Ave, Midland (MWF 10-3)
West Midland Family Center – 4011 W Isabella Rd, Shepherd (M-TH 9:30-3)
Greater Midland North Family Center- 2601 E Shearer Rd, Midland (M-F 9-4)
FB Pages/ Groups
Sanford Senior Center – 3243 N. West River Road, Sanford (M-F 9-3)
Meridian Elementary School, 3343 N Meridian Road, Sanford (MWF, 9-4) – Closed July 7 & 9 & permanently on July 11th
Facebook Pages/ Groups
Sanford Strong (FB Group)
Sanford, Dam Strong (FB Group)
Sanford MI Lost & Found (FB Group)
Gladwin County includes Beaverton, Tobacco, and Billings, Hay, and Secord townships
Sacred Heart Catholic Church – 300 N Silverleaf Street, Gladwin, MI (North M -18), 517-300-6405
- Open M, W, F (9 am – 4 pm), Sat (9 am -12 pm)
- Items available: Food and water, paper products, cleaning products, personal care products, pet food, some household appliances
- If you need help with flood clean-up, mold remediation, rebuilding, or are are reporting well failure, please stop by the distribution center or call 517-300-6405
- Check county website for updates at https://gladwincounty-mi.gov/flood-resources/
Facebook Pages / Groups
Billings Township, Gladwin County, MI (FB Group)
Flood Lost and Found (FB Group)
Gladwin County Flood Relief | Long-Term Recovery Committee
- Video: https://vimeo.com/433246534
Appliances, Furniture, Clothing
Appliance & Furniture Barn at the Midland Fairgrounds
Grandstand Barn, Midland Fairgrounds, 6905 Eastman Ave, Midland, MI
- Open for donations M, W (11 am – 6 pm), Sat (9 am- 4 pm)
- Donations requested of refrigerators, washers, dressers, window A/C units, cabinets, vanities, rugs, microwaves, sofa covers (as of 7/7)
- Families affected by the flood can get help by making a private appointment. Reach out to Tania on FB and she will send you are short questionnaire so they can address your specific needs.
- Contact: Tania D Croteau: 313 – 971-4675
Grassroots Community Outreach at the Midland Mall
6800 Eastman Ave, Midland MI
- Store open M-F ( 9 am – 5 pm) , Sat (12 pm – 4 pm) – Items are distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Open for donations W (1 – 5 pm) and Sat (12 pm – 4 pm) unless otherwise approved by management
- Items must be cleaned and ready to put out in the center.
- Clothing items are limited at this time to one bag / box per donor that are cleaned and in ready to wear condition.
- Household items must be in clean usable order.
- Store: 989-486-9465
- Grassroots Community Outreach Office: 989-486-9478
- Greater Midland Community Center Senior Wing – 2205 Jefferson Ave, Midland (MWF 10-3)
- West Midland Family Center – 4011 W Isabella Rd, Shepherd (M-TH 9:30-3)
- Greater Midland North Family Center- 2601 E Shearer Rd, Midland (M-F 9-4)
- Sanford Senior Center – 3243 N. West River Road, Sanford (M-F 9-3)
- Meridian Elementary School, 3343 N Meridian Road, Sanford (MWF, 9-4) – Closed July 7 & 9 & permanently on July 11th
Have a Campaign or Something to Donate?
Consider adding it to the public google sheets below.
Go Fund Me Campaigns
Add or Support a Go Fund Me Campaign using this google sheet.
Items Available (Google Sheet)
Add what you have to donate so people can contact you directly.